News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/9/2012 1:43:25 PM to 3/13/2012 12:05:01 AM.

News Flash

Fire Department

Posted on: March 9, 2012

[ARCHIVED] Smoke Detector Reminder

This is a friendly reminder from The Hinesville Fire Department to replace the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms this weekend for Daylight Saving Time. This year Daylight saving time begins on Sunday, March 11. According to the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission, fresh batteries allow smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to do their jobs saving lives by alerting families of a fire or a buildup of deadly carbon monoxide in their homes. When you change your clocks remember to change the batteries in your smoke/carbon monoxide alarms.

The Hinesville Fire Department is proactive in our efforts to educate and provide safety messages to our citizens in order to help make our community safer. For all your fire safety needs please contact The Hinesville Fire Department at 912-876-4143.

Captain Andra' M. Hart, Sr.
Public Safety Education Coordinator
Hinesville Fire Department
office: 912-876-4173

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Fire Department