ARP: Small Business Recovery Grant
The City of Hinesville through the Community Development Department is offering $250,000 in grants via American Rescue Plan funds to assist the local small business community recover from adverse impacts of the Coronavirus.
APPLICATION WILL OPEN 8:00 AM JUNE 28 AND CLOSE 5:00 PM JULY 13.
• For-profit businesses located in the City of Hinesville; in operation as of March 1, 2020 with documented loss of income.
• Previously awarded businesses must have satisfactorily filled all grant requirements to be considered for funding.
Application Availability & Submission
• The application is only available via an online platform which allows users to save and restart the application as well as facilitates secure submission of supporting documents.
• Submission of 2020 & 2021 Business Licenses and 2019 & 2020 Income Tax returns is required.
• Applicant will be required to certify that the City’s assistance is not duplicative of any other funding.
• Applications should only be submitted by the owner, partner, or authorized corporation member.
• Applications may only be submitted using the online platform.
• Applications will be reviewed in the order received.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
• Grant funding must be used for business payroll, rent, mortgage, utility, or COVID mitigation.
• Payments to owner are eligible if periodic draws were in place prior to March 3, 2021.
• Program period/expenditure timeframe is March 3, 2021 – March 2, 2022.
• During the program period, proof of payment must be submitted to document eligible use of grant funds.
• Award amounts will be based on number of eligible applications submitted at conclusion of the solicitation period
Other Assistance Resources
Due to limitations of federal funding, applicants are encouraged to identify and pursue all available resources.
o U.S. Small Business Administration www.sba.gov
o Small Business Development Center www.georgiasbdc.org
o SCORE Savannah www.savannah.score.org
Fraud & Repayment
Applicants are advised that making false statements, concealing information, submitting altered documents, utilizing funds for ineligible purposes, or similar actions are considered fraudulent and may result in repayment of the grant award or other legal action.
Inquiries regarding the program should be routed to CommunityDevelopment@cityofhinesville.org