Small Business Recovery Grant: Rent, Mortgage, Utility
The City of Hinesville through the Community Development Department will provide assistance to business owners for the purpose of helping small businesses recover from business interruptions associated with Coronavirus/COVID-19. Click here for a printer friendly version of the Program Summary.
- For-profit business located within Hinesville city limits in operation as of January 1, 2020.
- Have incurred a loss of income as a result of Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- Applicant must be in good standing with City of Hinesville licensing, billing, inspections, ordinances, etc.
- Priority will be given to business with 10 or fewer employees.
- 33 grants in the amount of $3,000 are expected to be awarded.
- Grant funding must be used for business rent/mortgage, utilities, or personal protective equipment for the period of September 1 – December 31, 2020.
- Assistance is in the form of a grant with no repayment requirement.
- The business recipient will be required to certify that the City’s assistance is not duplicative of any other funding.
Other Assistance Resources
Due to limitations of federal funding, applicants are encouraged to identify and pursue all available resources.
- U.S. Small Business Administration www.sba.gov
- Small Business Development Center www.georgiasbdc.org
- SCORE Savannah www.savannah.score.org
- Enter into a formal, written, funding agreement with the City of Hinesville.
- Provide documentation to support expenditure of funds.
- Make every effort to continue business operations through August 31, 2021.
- Retain all related records for 3 years after receipt of grant close out letter.
- Advise the Community Development Department of business closure by letter from Owner with last day of operation and detailed reason.
Fraud & Repayment
Applicants are advised that making false statements, concealing information, submitting altered documents, utilizing funds for ineligible purposes, or similar actions are considered fraudulent and may result in repayment of the grant award or other legal action.
The assistance application is available at this online location. The platform allows users to save and restart the application as well as facilitates secure submission of supporting documents.
- Applications should only be submitted by the owner, partner, or authorized corporation member.
- Applications may only be submitted using the online platform.
- Applications will be reviewed in the order received.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
- Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis until funding is exhausted.