How to Start Water Service
To start water service, bring a copy of your lease or purchase agreement, your valid driver's license, and $100 for a deposit (which is due at the time of service initiation) to the City Hall at 115 East M.L. King, Jr. Drive.
How to Terminate Service
If you would like to terminate your service, you will need to send an email to the water department stating your name, service address, date of disconnection, and a forwarding address. Disconnections are done during our normal business hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
You can email the water department by clicking here.
There will be a deposit of $100 on all water accounts unless a customer is eligible for a military waiver. If you are in the U.S. Army on active duty, you may qualify for a waiver of deposit.
To qualify for military waiver:
- You must be in the U.S. Army on active duty and stationed at Fort Stewart
- You must pay your bill in full each month prior to the 15th
If at any time you fail to keep your bill current, you may be required to pay the $100 deposit.
Military Waiver of Deposit
If you are in the military and stationed at Fort Stewart, you may receive a waiver of deposit if you agree to pay your bill in full each month prior to the 15th. If at any time you fail to keep your bill current, you may be required to pay $100 deposit.
To receive the military waiver, you must:
- Be a U.S. Army active duty member stationed at Fort Stewart
- Have at least 90 days left on active duty
- Be within 45 days of your report date to Fort Stewart
- Provide a copy of your lease, rental or sales contract for your residence
- Provide a copy of orders assigning you to Fort Stewart
- Have your military ID and a valid driver's license
Requests must be made at the Fort Stewart Office at the 2nd LT Audie Murphy Soldier Center (Building 253, 55 Pony Station Road) in Office 2064A, Room No. 2068. The office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and closed from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. for lunch. For assistance, please call (912) 368-8919.