The budget process begins in April of each year. Each department is responsible for preparing its detailed, line-item budget. The requested amounts are accompanied by justifications and explanations of variances from historical information. Each department presents its detailed budget requests to the Mayor and City Council a series of budget workshops usually scheduled in September. A balanced budget is adopted by the mayor and City Council in October of each year.
The City of Hinesville Mayor and Council will hold Budget Workshops at City Hall, 115 East M.L.
King, Jr. Drive, on the following proposed dates and times.
* Friday, September 6, 2019 8:30 am - 12:30 am
* Monday, September 9, 2019 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
* Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
* Tuesday, September 24, 2019 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
* Friday, September 27, 2019 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Dates and Times are subject to change. Notice of any changes will be published. Budget Workshops
are subject to be cancelled if review is completed before scheduled posted dates.
The purpose of these workshops will be to discuss the fiscal year 2020 budget. All interested
citizens are invited to attend.